Thursday, June 7, 2012

Street artist ADW

I like http://lecool.com/ and today they have an interview with street artist ADW.
TideishighWho are you and what do you do?ADW. I'm an artist primarily using stencils and spraypaint to create with. I have been known to paint a wall or two.

Tell us more about this cover?

The original intention was to create a positive, hopeful piece of artwork depicting our capital city's skyline set against a tiger striped sunrise. The Tide Is High But I'm Holding On took over 120 hours to cut the six-layered stencil and is easily the most ambitious canvas I have painted to date. While taking reference photos  with a friend around the quays, I bumped into
OBEY (Shepard Fairey) who was over speaking at OFFSET...it's a small world.

Where can we see more of your work?

I have a group exhibition with Solus, Morgan launching tonight in
Culture Box in Temple Bar. You can also see some of my street works on the walls, lanes and bridges around the country.
Dream Commission?


More street pieces...the bigger the better!


Adwportrait

No comments:

Post a Comment