Sunday, September 15, 2013

Coppa at the Royal Hibernian Academy

Just a little shout out for the charming staff at Coppa, the new team managing the cafe at the Royal Hibernian Academy on Ely Place, Dublin 2.
Coppa Cafe

Arriving a little warm from my fast paced march over from shopping on Henry Street and running a little late for my meet up with friends, I was greeted by a welcoming smile as I plonked myself at the table and requested a double espresso. It was brought promptly over to our table and a suggestion of "maybe some iced water?" (!) which again was promptly brought over in a bottle with four glasses.

Although we did not eat the array of baked goods looked delish and I will be back soon to give them a try. Ironically we later found ourselves over at Damson Diner, and it was not until later that I found out that Coppa is also run by the Bereen brothers who run Copinger Row and my fave dive Damson Diner, in collaboration this time with DJ/Event Producer Hugh Scully and Italian Restaurant Manager Frederico Riezzo.
Coppa
The music was cool and surprisingly benefited from some singing along to by the cafe staff who were obviously enjoying themselves. Sandwiches, salads and soups are on the menu and the coffee is very good. It's open from 8.30am so can be popped into for a pre-shop breakfast, pre-work coffee and opens in the evening during show season.

Coppa @  Royal Hibernian Academy, 15 Ely Place, Dublin 2

No comments:

Post a Comment